Thursday, July 7, 2011

All is good...under the hood!

Well today was the big day.  Doctor Day.  First official appointment!  I dunno what's worse...the having to pee in the teeeny tiny cup, the dreaded weigh in or the waiting in the room for the doctor wearing nothing...I mean NOTHING but a hospital gown...BACKWARDS.   Ok.  I know....I am being over-dramatic.  But guess what.  I'm OFFICIALLY pregnant therefore I can be.  And if you tell me to knock it off, I will cry and then you will feel bad.  So, lets just save my makeup and roll with it.  :D

They say everything looks great so far!  We got to see the heartbeat, which was pretty amazing.  Sorta weird.  There is this little uhh..blob that is chillin' in the uterus that flashes...that's the heart beat.  It was so awesome to see it, after my many fears of not being able to.  They say I am 7 weeks, 5 days and have an EED (estimated eviction date...ha ha ha...I dont' know what it really means but I like my definition) of February 18th, 2012....which just so happens to be my mom's birthday.  How cool would that be?! 

Next appointment is set for the 8th.  I hope we can hear the heartbeat at the next appointment. 

oh..and they prescribed me something for the nausea so I am going to pick that up and give it a whirl.  See if it helps or not.  They also told me I need to up my vitamin d...to 1000 ul a day.  What?  Living in Vegas and I still don't get enough sun?!  Guess you can take the girl out of Washington but you can't take the Washington out of the girl!

Here is the Frightener's first close up.  For those who don't know what you are looking at...here is the rundown.  The dotted line is the Frightener.  The circle above it is the yolk sac which sustains the baby until the placenta forms and takes over.  My friend Kirsty says that she crosses her eyes, she can see a dude in a construction hat with boobs and a twirly mustache!   I really want to sit down with her and some ink blot cards.  LOL

3 comments:

  1. I thought it was EDD? Estimated Delivery Date? :p

    I'm so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yeah, it's EDD. ;-) Congrats again Melissa! And don't stress too hard about the head size. My husband comes from a family of 6 where the smallest baby was 9 lbs 10 oz at birth, biggest was 11 lbs 13 oz, so I was pretty freaked out myself. But my babies have all been fairly average size (7lbs 7oz, 7lbs 9oz, 8lbs 2oz). It's more about you and what your body can handle, than your husband's family. Good luck to you guys! I hope the prescription works. I know all too well how freaking miserable "morning" sickness is; sleep was generally the only relief I could get from it until I had to roll over. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, I can SO see it. One day we'll sit down and watch Noah's 4D scan and I'll show you all the extra faces in it.

    Oh, and that line? That's Frightener's HTR measurement - Head to Rump. That's right, the bottom of the line - is totally your baby's butt lol

    As for the EDD - you know Noah's was Feb 18th too, right? The cool thing about 2012 - if you go overdue The Frightener could be a Leap Year Baby!!!

    ReplyDelete